Credo Reference Brainteaser: Brands May 3, 2011
Posted by mplibrary in Brainteaser.
Congratulations, TWC students, you have another semester under your belts. And just what you need after exams: more questions. But these are fun questions and our marketing majors can probably name the answers off the tops of their heads. The rest of you, use Credo Reference to identify the answers. First to send in the correct answers to email@example.com will win a book bag.
- Name the UK record company founded by Richard Branson.
- Which US corporation was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975?
- What do the letters “BBC” stand for as the name of the UK state-owned broadcasting network?
- Which German brand of automobiles was created by a merger of the Daimler and Benz factories in 1926?
- Which make of training shoes is named after the Greek winged goddess of victory?
- As the name of a record label, what do the letters “HMV” stand for?
- What is the tradename of a brand of soft paper tissue, used for paper handkerchiefs – the world’s first paper handkerchiefs?
- What was the first name of the man called Hilton who started Hilton hotels?
- What did the inventor of Pepsi-Cola imply by using the word “Pepsi”?
- In 1950, what was the first credit card company?
Questions set by Tony Augarde (www.augardebooks.co.uk)