Credo Reference Brainteaser October 29, 2010Posted by mplibrary in fun stuff.
This week’s brainteaser is all about human diseases and ailments. Use the Credo Reference database to find the answers, be the first to email your correct answers, and win a prize! Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rubella is a disease which is also commonly called what?
- Gastritis is an inflammation of which part of the body?
- Sleeping sickness is found mainly in which continent?
- Which disease gets its name from an Italian phrase meaning “bad air”; from the former belief that it was caused by gases from marshy places?
- Coryza is another name for which common ailment?
- Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful condition of which part or parts of the body?
- Encephalitis is inflammation of which part of the body?
- Dupuytren’s contracture is a condition in which one or more fingers are bent in towards the palm of the hand. Name either the US president or the British prime minister who suffered from this in recent decades.
- Hansen’s disease is another name for which infectious bacterial disease?
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for which ailment?