BookWise Summer Special, July 20 July 20, 2007Posted by twcbookwise in @ your library, weekly BookWise.
Ms. Adams is on vacation, so this may not be up to her standards of weekly BookWise. But there are some things you should know, so we are breaking summer radio silence to bring you Important Updates.
Beginning Monday, parts of the downstairs will be closed for the library’s continuing renovations. Here’s the good and bad news:
- This is going to be a big, noisy mess for several weeks.
- The main stacks will still be open the whole time, so you can get all the books you need.
- Wiggins Children’s Room will be open for as long as we can keep it available.
- All our daily and weekend newspapers will also be available
in the Children’s Roomupstairs in the reference room.
- New periodicals other than newspapers will be temporarily unavailable. However, some of these are also available in electronic format. Check our complete list of journals to find the one you want.
- You can still check out videos – if you can find the one you want on the downstairs circulation desk.
- Wireless access is usually strong upstairs. If your laptop will not connect to our WiFi from the main floor, you can present a student ID and borrow one of the library’s laptops.
- When the big, noisy mess is over, the Catalyst Café will have a new look and all of the downstairs will be a nicer place to study or hang out.
Yes, the library has a grand total of one copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the way! If you’re at the door at 8 a.m. Monday to grab it, you’ll have quite a wait because it still has to go through cataloging. Nothing we can do about that; that’s just the way the cauldron bubbles. If someone gets our copy before you do, you can still place it on hold and see your library account online to check if it is waiting for you. If you want spoilers, ask Ms. Roy – preferably after she’s had her coffee.
Since we’re getting close to a new school year, we’ve gone through all the old journals and magazines and taken a bunch off the shelf. These are on carts in the main lobby and all of them are free for the taking – New Yorker, Shape, Science, and many more. Come take as many as you like.