Find out what the polls are saying November 3, 2006Posted by mplibrary in @ your library.
Polls are hot around election time. With the Polling the Nations database, you can get the results of polls on candidates and elections, plus find out people’s opinions on hundreds of topics from abortion, AIDS, and terrorism to cell phones, the internet, and television.
Polling the Nations is a compilation of more than 14,000 surveys conducted by over 1000 polling organizations in the United States and 100 other countries from 1986 to the present time.
The pollsters included in the database are:
- US polling organizations e.g., Harris International, The Pew Center
- Universities e.g., Rice University, University of Maryland
- Newspapers e.g., New York Times, Los Angeles Times
- Television news organizations e.g., CBS, NBS, Fox, CNN
- International polling organizations e.g., Eurobarometer
- Special interest groups e.g., Boy Scouts, AFL-CIO
Each of the 500,000 records reports a question asked and the responses given. Also included in each record is the polling organization that conducted the work, the date the interviews were conducted, the release date of the information, the sample size and the universe.